Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

English Grammar- Present Continuous Tense

បច្ចុប្បន្នកាលកំពុងធ្វើ                                     Read this unit in English only!                               
                                                   
 I will explain about the form,spelling rule of verbs +" ing", and use of the present continuous tense. You can compare it with the present simple tense.The present continuous tense is also called the present progressive tense.




Study these example: 

1. Look! Dara is catching fish in the pond.
    មើលន៎! ដារា​កំពុងចាប់ត្រីក្នុងត្រពាំង។
2. These days I am conducting a research on endangered birds.
​​​​​​​     សព្វថ្ងៃនេះ ខ្ញុំកពុងធ្វើការស្រាវជ្រាវលើបក្សីកំពុងមានគ្រោះថ្នាក់។
3. More and more people are surfing the internet for many purposes.
​​​​​   មនុស្សកាន់តែច្រើនឡើងៗកំពុងឆែកមើលអ៊ិនធឺណេតក្នុងគោលបំណងផ្សេងៗ។
4. Sorry! I can't go with you because I am meeting Jane at 3 o'clock.
    សូមទោស! ខ្ញុំមិនអាចទៅជាមួយអ្នកបានទេ ពីព្រោះខ្ញុំនឹងទៅជួប Jane នៅម៉ោង៣។
5. My sons are always messing the room.
​​    កូនៗខ្ញុំតែងតែធ្វើឪ្យបន្ទប់រាយប៉ាយ។

Note:  we form Present Continuous Tense like this:
           យើងបង្កើតទម្រង់ Present Continuous Tense ដូចនេះ៖

  • ·              Positive form:     (ទម្រង់ស្រប)

Subject + am/is /are + V-ing +...


Am with “I”
Is with singular subjects such as He/She/It/Dara/ My son...    
Are with plural subjects such as You/We/They/ My sons...


Example:

1.      I am writing an article about how to make money online at the moment.
​​         ឥឡូវនេះខ្ញុំកំពុងសរសេរអត្ថបទអំពីរបៀបរកលុយតាមអ៊ិនធឺណេត។
2.      She is picking some flowers.
​​​​​​​​          នាងកំពុងបេះផ្កា។
3.      My sons are pursuing their master degree at Royal University of Phnom Penh.
         កូនៗខ្ញុំកំពុងបន្តការសិក្សាថ្នាក់បរិញ្ញាបត្រជាន់ខ្ពស់នៅសកលវិទ្យាល័យ
ភូមិន្ទភ្នំពេញ។
             
  • ·         Negative form: ​​​      (ទម្រង់បដិសេធ)
Subject + am/is/are +NOT + V-ing + ...

Example:
1.      Susan isn’t babysitting for her sister.   (isn’t=is not)
​​​         Susan មិនមែនកំពុងមើលថែទាំកូនឪ្យបងស្រីនាងទេ។
2.      Dara and I aren’t working on a project.​​​  (aren't=are not)
         ដារា និងខ្ញុំមិនមែនកំពុងធ្វើការលើគម្រោងមួយទេ។
  • ·         Interrogative form:           (ទម្រង់សំនួរ)
Am/Is/ Are + subject + V-ing +...?

Example:

1.      Are you listening to me?
​​​        តើអ្នកកំពុងស្ដាប់ខ្ញុំទេ?
2.      What are they doing this evening?
         តើពួគគេកំពុងធ្វើអ្វីល្ងាចនេះ?
3.      Is he coming home tonight?
        តើគាត់មកផ្ទះទេយប់នេះ?
Use:

1. The basic use of this tense is to talk about what is happening now.
ជាទូទៅយើងប្រើកាលនេះដើម្បីនិយាយអំពីអ្វីដែលកំពុងកើតឡើងនៅខណៈពេលឥឡូវ។
Listen!​ someone is calling us.
ស្ដាប់!​នរណាម្នាក់កំពុងហៅយើង។
Silent! Our kids are sleeping.
ស្ងាត់! កូនៗយើងកំពុងដេក។


2. To express an action that is happening these days.
ដើម្បីនិយាយអំពីសកម្មភាពដែលកំពុងកើតឡើងសព្វថ្ងៃ។
At a cafe, Mike asks Tom, "What are you doing these days?"
"I am writing an e-book about English grammar," Tom answers.
នៅហាងកាហ្វេ Mike សួរ​ Tom "តើអ្នកកំពុងធ្វើអ្វីសព្វថ្ងៃនេះ?​​​ "
Tom ឆ្លើយ"ខ្ញុំកំពុងសរសេរសៀវភៅអេឡិចត្រូនិចអំពីវេយ្យាករណ៍អង់គ្លេស" ។

Note: Tom isn't writing the book in the cafe in this aspect.
ចំណាំ៖​ ក្នុងទីដ្ឋភាពនេះ Tom មិនមែនកំពុងសរសេរសៀវភៅក្នងហាងកាហ្វេទេ។

3.  To talk about trends in the present.
    ដើម្បីនិយាយអំពីទំនោរក្នុងពេលបច្ចុប្បន្ន។
Many people are driving to work these days.
សព្វថ្ងៃនេះ មនុស្សជាច្រើនកំពុងបើកឡានទៅធ្វើការ។
More and more people are going on google+.
មនុស្សកាន់តែច្រើនឡើងៗកំពុងប្រើ google+។

4. To talk about personal future plans.
ដើម្បីនិយាយអំពីគម្រោងផ្ទាល់ខ្លួននៅអនាគត។
Tomorrow she is travelling to Kampot.
ស្អែក នាងនឹងធ្វើដំណើរទៅខេត្តកំពត។
They are having a family get-together the day after tomorrow.
ពួកគេនឹងធ្វើពីធីជួបជុំគ្រួសារនៅថ្ងៃខានស្អែក។

Note: in this aspect, we often add  future time expressions in the sentences.
         ក្នុងទិដ្ឋភាពនេះ ជាញឹកញាប់យើងបន្ថែមឃ្លាបញ្ជាក់ពេលវេលានៅអនាគតនៅក្នុងល្បះ។

5. To express our annoyance over someone's behavior.
ដើម្បីសម្ដែងការធុញទ្រាន់របស់យើងចំពោះអាកប្បកិរិយារបស់នរណាម្នាក់។
My mom is always telling me to things.
ម្ដាយខ្ញុំតែងតែប្រាប់ខ្ញុំឪ្យធ្វើកិច្ចការផ្សេងៗ។
His kids are constantly making noise.
កូនៗរបស់គាត់តែងតែស្រែកឡូឡា។

Note: in this aspect, we usually use adverbs like always, forever,and constantly.
​​​​ ក្នុងទិដ្ឋភាពនេះ ជាធម្មតាយើងប្រើគុណកិរិយាសព្ទដូចជា always, forever,and constantly ។

Thank for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment